Add Rules to a Shared Mailbox in Office 365
Here is how to add rules to a shared mailbox in Office 365
- In Outlook go to File-> Account Settings
- On the Email tab select New
- In the Your Name field, enter a name for the account ie: the email address or whatever you would like.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address for the shared account.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your email account (your full mailbox) since the shared mailbox doesn’t have a password.
- Click Next.
- Click Sign in with another account.
- Enter your email address here, again use an account that is a full mailbox, not a shared mailbox.
- Click Finish. You may need to restart Outlook for the changes to take effect.
The mailbox will appear in Outlook exactly the same as it did before, but now you can apply rules to it.
To create a rule for the shared mailbox do the following:
- Go to File-> Manage Rules and Alerts or on the ribbon click Rules, then Manage Rules & Alerts.
- On the Email Rules tab, select the shared mailbox from the drop down menu labeled: Apply changes to this folder.
- Click New Rule and proceed to create your rule.